We are looking for volunteers to help direct visitors and provide support as needed. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or a group with which you are affiliated can help in any way.
About the Festival
The Catawba Valley Festival of the Arts is a weekend-long celebration of the creativity and talents of our visual, literary and performing artists and designers. The 3-day Festival is anchored by academic institutions Catawba Valley Community College and Lenoir-Rhyne University who serve as vanguards of the arts for the Catawba Valley. CVFA events begin Friday evening, April 22, 2022 on the grounds of the 34-acre venue of Catawba Farms in Newton, NC and continue through Sunday, April 24th in a hub and spoke pattern at various venues throughout Catawba County. The CVFA exposes the works of artists, performers, educators, and creative stewards and encourages participation from diverse organizations. The 2022 Festival will include:
- Choral and musical performances from CVCC, LRU and local musicians.
- Open mic sessions from songwriters, poets, playwrights, and authors.
- Visual arts exhibits, including photography, sculpture, ceramics, film, painting and other compositional artwork including an en plein air competition and exhibition.
- Commercial, graphic arts and industrial design portfolio showcases.
- Theatrical performances, vignettes and dance from area performance stages and troupes.
- Sensory experiences from area culinary and beverage production industry and trades.
The mission of The Catawba Valley Festival of the Arts is to celebrate our distinctive, diverse, creative voices as we tell a bigger story that speaks to the magic of the Catawba Valley.
This project is supported by a grant from the United Arts Council of Catawba County.
- Catawba Farms strictly adheres to the most current Governor’s Executive Order and Catawba County Health Department guidelines. Catawba Farms is an Open and Safe enterprise.
There's nothing better than live music. It's raw energy, and raw energy feeds the soul. -- Dhani Jones
Visual, Industrial & Graphic Arts
A vessel is formed from a lump of clay with care, however, it is the empty space within the vessel that makes it useful. -- Laozi
Theater, Dance, Movement
Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It's the rhythm of your life. It's the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy. -- Jacques d'Ambroise
One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words. -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Eating is a necessity but cooking is an art...
We welcome your contributions in whatever forms they may take. Please contact us