We are looking for volunteers to help direct visitors and provide support as needed. Please email us at email@example.com if you or a group with which you are affiliated can help in any way.
About the Festival
The Catawba Valley Festival of the Arts is a weekend-long celebration of the creativity and talents of our visual, literary and performing artists and designers. Festival events begin Friday evening, April 22, 2022 and run through Sunday, April 24th on the grounds of the 34-acre venue of Catawba Farms in Newton, NC. The inaugural Festival is an exhibition of the works of artists, performers, educators, and creative stewards from area organizations that foster the arts.
- Choral and musical performances from CVCC, LRU and local musicians, including the launch of MelvinFest, a commemorative concert honoring Melvin Caldwell who passionately promoted local music during his life.
- Open mic sessions from the Carolina Writers Series of songwriters, poets, playwrights, and authors.
- Visual arts exhibits, including photography, sculpture, ceramics, film, painting and other compositional artwork including an en plein air competition and exhibition.
- Commercial, graphic arts and industrial design portfolio showcases.
- Theatrical performances, vignettes and dance from area performance stages and troupes.
- Sensory experiences from area culinary and beverage production industry and trades.
- Catawba Farms strictly adheres to the most current Governor’s Executive Order and Catawba County Health Department guidelines. Catawba Farms is an Open and Safe enterprise.
- Indoor Capacity: The permitted occupancy of the Catawba Farms Tasting Room is 248 people. Under the current Executive Order, the indoor capacity at Catawba Farms is 75% = 186 people. The permitted capacity of Carolina Vines is 48 people. Under the current Executive Order, the indoor capacity at Carolina Vines is 75% = 36 people.
- Outdoor Capacity: Catawba Farms includes outdoor activity areas spread over 17 acres on Southwest Blvd (with another 17 acres located on Technibilt Dr). The outdoor capacity of Catawba Farms is estimated to be 15,000 people on the Southwest Blvd acreage where most of the performances are scheduled. Catawba Farms is a brewery/winery/restaurant and the current Executive Order sets capacity at 100%.
- All employees are required to wear masks in the Tasting Room.
- All guests must wear masks when not seated in the Tasting Room. Signage is posted on the entry doors.
- All surfaces in the Tasting Room are sanitized prior to and following guest use.
- Guests are reminded to maintain 6 foot social distance spacing.